SxLvTlk

SxLvTlk
SxLvTlk: Know Your Grey

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Security over Passion?

There is always a slight regret that he does not inspire passion
I think about the things that are important trust respect values
longevity productivity self-awareness a Deep Desire and Need to
respect and understand the Animating force of the Universe and
I simply
do not understand how he comes to many of his conclusions
worldviews and politics Much more comfortable sitting down
discussing dead Greek philosophers than relating to the children
and challenges before us right now How Can That Be Possible
If I don't trust you have a stake in the future I cannot trust you with my heart
or flesh
I live for the promise that what I do today will strongly and positively
impact the world I create and leave for my children and descendants
Tomorrow
I Really Believe That
if I let
The honey amber brown eyed Colombian man into my soul Allow him
to know the girl that washes white rice loves to make platanos y sopa
de espinaca and adores a properly made pollo guisado I will be able to
relax and release all the pent up frustration in my body and mind

If I let the
Cream colored flesh lay atop my dulce de leche we will develop a rhythm
only we can dance to heavy breathing the bassline moans the up beat
him serving as cantante as he courts my passion Muneca que quieres
Mi Amor Se que tu eres una buena mujer Estoy aqui Claro que si soy
tuyo I fall passive in his melody provide the adlibs

I have to laugh Feeling like my face will crack because it is unfamiliar with the
reality of a dream made real Used to seeing something else So clear he
likes me to be beside him So clear he wants my love So clear he doesn't want
to make promises that will have to be broken
Is it clear to him that
He is the one I think about
when the world becomes disrespectful of my work talent and midastouching
the man
I want to grieve with
as we replace the elders we revere
the man
that is able to help me not be a nervous wreck when it comes
to giving my children the space children need to become
individuals who are competent enough to live in the world and
not have to come home because they can make it
I wonder
if he sees and understands that I am certain
God would not ever break our hearts if it wasn't to build our
resistance to unworthy lovechoices based on what we want
to see/feel/be seen as rather than what will build our souls
and ability to be the Lights and Guides He designed us to be for the
invisible forgotten miscounted and undereducated/prepared who will one
day inherit this earth and work Those who help us focus and maintain
our own character and righteousness are those we should pull closer
and not push away There is nothing wrong loving and NOT
suffering in that Love There is nothing wrong with loving
There is nothing wrong with love I just wonder
is he
Clear

I found myself writing this
to my special friend. Yeah, yeah, yeah, the funny thing to me is the fact that we have both be thoroughly hurt in the past and have decided to take things slow, painfully slowly it seems for BOTH of us. We thought it would be fun to hang out and talk, perhaps catch a flick and every now and then blow off some steam. It seems however, that the lovegods decided they needed a laugh. We started to speak then found out that we have a lot, a lot in common. Scary. What of this other, in the beginning of the poem? Well, he is actually someone that I adore and whose company I enjoy. He is the man the kids would call "uncle", I would damn near list him as the emergency contact person on the blue cards (people in NYC know what I'm talking about). My thoughts to myself are, "If you trust him so completely with your children, why don't you trust him with your heart and life?" But ladies (and gentle men), really, haven't you ever been with someone who you know is a great choice, intellectually, but your "heart" just didn't pitter-patter for them? That has been my dilemma with this particular person...for years.

My mother says, "Daughter, you're getting older. Marry that man then have a lover." He nearly suggested the same thing. "Piph, I support you. Whatever you need to feel like yourself is fine with me. I'll always be here, I know you have needs that I may not be able to fulfill." Really? I found this strange and a bit unsettling. I told him, "I think you would be a great husband, but I would be a terrible wife." My elderbrother says, "You are well within your right to not desire a good man. Men refuse good women all of the time. Do Not get into a relationship with someone you do not feel passion for. It isn't good for you and eventually will cause problems for them." My girlfriends found this to be a no brainer, somewhat combining the two previous answers, "Be with him until something better comes along." THAT RESPONSE amazed me because these are the same women who I've spent hours with explaining how the "heartbreaker" just did that...to them! The conversations have gone something like this:
"But why did he marry her?"
"He wanted to"
"But I helped him through school and co-signed for a car for him."
"He wants a life with her."
"Yeah, but he told me that we were great for each other."
"Well, apparently that was for that moment, et al." How could they be the ones to suggest such a thing? Incredible, and yes, sad but true. My question today:

How important is passion when considering a long-term "love project"
(a la Rupert P. Marshall, in the best movie about Urban BlackLove, Claudine)?



3 comments:

  1. Peace Iya

    I thoroughly enjoyed reading this and applaud you for (once again) back-slapping fear in the face and following your heart/spirit/divine mind/dreams. We need to understand who we really are in this changing paradigm...and by the way, I choose passion over security/life over death each and every time - the intelligent choice if you believe in the mind of your heart.

    Here's my take on "blacklove"

    ancient
    real life
    gritty
    the color of night
    alive
    indulged in moonlight
    the silver haired golden
    continuity of uniquely committed
    unconditionally grounded
    the hot comb and whip of
    civilization
    the endless fountain
    of the all in all
    a love poem
    it is breathing the same air
    walking on the sand
    having shoes
    rhythm and soul
    straight tribal, epic, powerful and tender
    the original man and woman
    the test of time
    wheat grass and honey
    meat and potatoes
    touching all the senses
    it is the difference between
    night and day
    complete envy
    the understanding of the limitless
    it is sweet potatoes and strawberries
    Stevie Wonder
    encompassing the emotion
    the absorption
    of energy
    it is black matter
    humility, shangri-la
    it is the story of what it all boils down to
    the justification, the truth, the means
    it is euphoria
    it is sankofa
    with Atlantic waters for tears
    the raiser of Afrikan consciousness
    mature, the seeing to it
    it is Jon Lucien and Sekou Sundiata
    ancestrally guided
    it is an endless prayer
    it is less about love and more
    about the continuum
    the role of men
    the role of women
    it is the tool
    the incarnation
    the purpose
    the ritual
    the last thing that it is
    is purely sexual
    it is forgiving
    worn like leather
    comfortably smooth
    consistently unchanging
    it is
    the kiss, the rememberance
    the smile, the soul
    the magical embrace of eternity's flame of fire and ice
    they are one and the same
    it is the heart, the holding
    the rainbow after the storm
    the shelter, the dying, the struggle, the pain, the passion, the struggle, the want to in the balance of the pain
    it is the ear of the outspoken
    the can't live without you
    it is a level of being
    a field for flowers
    a there in the hereafter
    a now in forever
    a presence of before
    this is what we call
    black love

    Love you sis - PG forever,
    Tantra-zawadi

    ReplyDelete
  2. My God Sis! You just crack my soul open and have me spilling all over...the way you hold the truth to light and blind me with the prismatic rays! I so love you. We are on a journey of simultaneously diverging and converging streams that flow from eternity into eternity and how in the world are we ever to have any lasting clarity in that? I don't know that God really wants that for us. I think it is a human made desire that allows us to compartmentalize our living into small portions we can handle in bits versus the full absorption and internalizing of what it really means to love full, complete, all the way through. We would be all that "human" has the potential/destiny to be. We are on our way, but not there yet. (Will we ever fully be?) As women and men, we have so much potential, a mindblowing destiny and so little experience! Imagine how young one must be at 38 or 42 or God help us! at 17 and 21 in the time space continuum? And if GOD is LOVE, then LOVE is everything, our WHOLE life (from beginning? to end?)is a learning of how to be simultaneous diverging and converging streams that flow from eternity into eternity. With that said, who presumes that there is a "right" answer to any of the questions you pose here? Only what is right for you/me/him/her/us/them at particular moments, under particular circumstances contrary to any conventions, rules or traditions we may want to put stock in...nothing I have ever seen between men and women has proven any different! Love only has one rule, "To fulfill itself". Our key to unlocking the joy of loving inside, through and beyond circumstance (for me anyway...I am learning) is CHOOSING to know the real-ness of what I am experiencing and CHOOSING to know that no matter what, it is God's/Love's plan for me because He knows everything about my life, down to the hour, minute, second. He knows every move I will make, down to the step, the blink, the breath. And if this is so I CHOOSE to know that it couldn't be any different and it is ALL for my good and God's/Love's glory. Whether the man I love loves me or forgets my name. It is the "Loving At All Costs" that will mean anything, everything in the end (when will that ever be?) That is Security AND Passion. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fisiwe says Black Love is...
    "God's Love inside YOU."

    ReplyDelete