SxLvTlk

SxLvTlk
SxLvTlk: Know Your Grey

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Getting Better With Time

Thanks to Romeyer. A beautiful woman who had the gumption to check this site only to find it hadn't been updated and had no new information on what SxLvTlk was doing or how it was progressing. My first paragraph has to be dedicated to apology, and apology without excuse. RuthWorks Talk & Training has been in existence for nearly three years and I have yet to list a calendar of events. This perhaps due to fear, an assumed lack of interest, and on occasion, fleeting commitment. Romeyer's diligence and ability to be vocal about it, has pushed me to a place of understanding AND accepting the responsibility of being a person with an agenda, who has used various platforms to communicate that agenda to a circle larger than my own mind and thoughts. March seems to be when I get the energy to create and move forward. Perhaps because it is my birth month, perhaps because it is when Spring occurs, in any event, this is my renewed commitment to regularity and becoming a constant in the now saturated realm of relationship "experts".

I am not a relationship expert. I am a Black Love Advocate. This, is the only disclaimer I will offer in regard to Black Love: No, I do not have anything against other races, ethnic groups, creeds- I only offer Black as a point of origin. It has been long established that Black is the first human color created (go back to History class and the Mesopotamian "Eve", or science class tracing Black Woman as the Mother of Civilization.) With this, the cause I champion is that of Black/Brown Love and Family as those are groups I see hardest hit in the areas of family stability and youth achievement. I am somewhat lovestruck in that regard, wondering always how to inspire youth to their highest potential, and understanding that the love between Black Men and Women is the battery that will propel progress, innovation and accomplishment.

Now, SxLvTlk is happening on this Saturday, March 19, 2011 in Mount Vernon. The topic is SxLv and Simplicity. In researching, I have found courtship rituals from the Ancients, however, courtship rituals for the Black American South are difficult to come by. Courtship rituals for the current day and age are extremely varied and seem to be a mish-mosh of everything else. I understand in theory that is what makes up the allure of America, it's ability to be a "melting pot" or as my 11th grade History teacher, Mr. Chustek called it, "a mixing bowl", however, this lack of system and overall community is keeping us at a disadvantage- thus making forums like SxLvTlk -Together Apart-Steve Harvey and everyone else the safe spaces people turn to as they search for the magic bullet to a happy, successful relationship.

SxLvTlk doesn't offer that. SxLvTlk offers a space to explore possibility, a forum to identify one's own lovestyle and needs that encompass that. Our ONLY objective is to help people get honest about what they need so they can be honest and stop choosing inappropriate partners. This will decrease STD/HIV infection rates, unwanted pregnancies and overall broken hearts. This I offer with the prayer of my own heart, to find my truths, receive the Divine Selection for my body and soul and through my own inability to continue living dishonestly allow others the strength of their own convictions, and courage to cross their own thresholds. In Spirit and Truth. Thank You Romeyer

1 comment:

  1. Ms. Sherry!!! Thank you, thank you, and thank you!!! In getting to the point...the SxLvTlk held in Mt. Vernon was amazing! It should not come as a surprised with your ability to be intuitive, understanding and giving. Thank you sincerely. I have an admiration toward you for being courageous and hopeful …despite life’s challenges and perplexities. I received an overpowering positive response from those who attended and from those who would like to attend future events. As you know, I am enthusiastic about what you Promote & Vision. Statements varied from … (fervently) it was too short (although it more than 2hrs hehe) to quoting “It takes four seasons”. I look forward to attending future events, and I hope you continue to learn, share & grow. Replenish and Flourish!
    With much Respect, Peace & Love, many Blessings, Ny.

    PS - only compassionate suggestions to make things better!

    ReplyDelete